Call for Artists for
65th Annual Park Forest Fine Art Fair and to become a Tall Grass Juried Artist
The Tall Grass Arts Association operates a regional art gallery located in Park Forest, Illinois. Juried artists are invited to participate in the annual fine art fair held in September in Downtown Park Forest. They have the opportunity to display work in the gallery at least once a year and to include their work in the Tall Grass Gift Shop.
ELIGIBILITY FOR JURYING:
Artists must be 18 years old. Work submitted must be original work created by the artist – no mass-produced work.
Artists may submit work in one of three ways:
1. (Most preferable). You can send in your entry using the outlet Entrythingy.com, which is located on our website tallgrassarts.org. On the menu bar, to the left, click on “Call for Artists.” The form will contain a link to Entrythingy: https://www.entrythingy.com/d=tallgrassarts.org#show=6480
2. Work may be submitted by email.
· Submit six (6) images depicting six individual works to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If jurying for the Art Fair, please include a seventh image, that of your booth, if available.
· Identify email in the subject line as “Jurying 2020 Art Fair and Gallery”.
· Digital images must be a high-resolution jpg (approx. 5”X7”) with a resolution of 300 dpi and a file size no larger than 1.4MB per image.
· Entries will be juried from the digital images, which should be sharp and accurate in color. Please note: If an artist wishes to be juried in more than one medium, he/she should submit an application for each medium rather than one application with images of both media. One fee will be sufficient for both applications.
· Please include an artist statement that is a description of your work, particularly your methodology. For example, if you are a jeweler, describe which portions of your artworks are handcrafted.
3. Work may be submitted on a CD by mail.
· The CD must contain six (6) high-resolution jpgs depicting six (6) individual works. If jurying for the Art Fair, please include a seventh image, that of your booth, if available.
· For requirements regarding quality of images, see above.
· Files on the CD should be saved/labeled with the artist’s last name followed by the initial of their first name and with the image number corresponding to the jurying entry form (example: SmithM1).
· Entries will be juried from the images, which should be sharp and accurate in color. Please note: If an artist wishes to be juried in more than one medium, he/she should submit an application for each medium rather than one application with images of both media. One fee will be sufficient for both applications.
· Please include a very short description of your work. For example, if you are a jeweler, describe which portions of your artworks are handcrafted.
· Put CD in a protective cover and clearly print name and address on both the actual CD and cover. Enclose a self-addressed envelope with proper postage for return of the CD. If no envelope is enclosed, the CD will not be returned.
4. If jurying by email or by mailing a CD, please complete the enclosed jurying entry form. List image information on the form in the same sequence as on the email or CD (artist’s last name, initial of first name and image number). The jurying form can be emailed with the images or mailed with the CD.
5. If jurying by email or mail, mail a non-refundable jury fee: $35. Make checks payable to: Tall Grass Arts Assoc. Or send credit card information to gallery along with the entry form. If you submit through Entrythingy, it will instruct you to pay through PayPal.
6. Applications, CDs (if not submitting by email) and checks should be sent to:
Tall Grass Arts Association
367 Artists Walk
P.O. Box 776
Park Forest, IL 60466 ATTN: Jurying
Jurying Deadline is Friday, May 8, 2020. During the months that jurying is open, jurying will be scheduled as often as practicable so that successful applicants can add the Park Forest Art Fair and the annual Gallery Artists Exhibit to their calendars.
The juror(s) are from outside the organization and are either successful artists or teach art in a university or college. Artists will be notified of the results by mail or email. No results will be given over the phone. For information about the jurying process, email Janet Muchnik at email@example.com or call her at (708) 748-5123 (home) or (708) 439-2424.