The Tall Grass Arts Association operates a regional art gallery located in Park Forest, Illinois. Juried artists are invited to participate in the annual fine art fair held in September in Downtown Park Forest. They have the opportunity to display work in the gallery at least once a year and to include their work in the Tall Grass Gift Shop.
ELIGIBILITY FOR JURYING:
Artists must be 18 years old. Work submitted must be original work created by the artist – no mass- produced work.
Artists may submit work in one of two ways:
- (Most preferable). You can send in your entry using the outlet Entrythingy.com, which is located on our website tallgrassarts.org. On the menu bar, to the left, click on “Call for Artists.” The form will contain a link to Entrythingy:
- Work may be submitted by
- Submit six (6) images depicting six individual works to: email@example.com. If jurying for the Art Fair, please include a seventh image, that of your booth, if available.
- Identify email in the subject line as “Jurying 2021Art Fair and Gallery”.
- Digital images must be a high-resolution jpg (approx. 5”X7”) with a resolution of 300 dpi and a file size no larger than 1.4MB per image.
- Entries will be juried from the digital images, which should be sharp and accurate in Please note: If an artist wishes to be juried in more than one medium, he/she should submit an application for each medium rather than one application with images of both media. One fee will be sufficient for both applications.
- Please include an artist statement that is a description of your work, particularly your methodology. For example, if you are a jeweler, describe which portions of your artworks are handcrafted.
- If jurying by email, please complete the enclosed jurying entry form listed on the right of the page under downloads. List image information on the form in the same sequence as on the email (artist’s last name, initial of first name and image number). The jurying form can be emailed with the images or mailed to TGAA.
- If jurying by email, mail a non-refundable jury fee: $35. Make checks payable to: Tall Grass Arts Assoc. Or send credit card information to gallery along with the entry form. If you submit through Entrythingy, it will instruct you to pay through Entrythingy, it will instruct you to pay through PayPal.
- Applications (if not submitting by email) and checks should be sent to:
Tall Grass Arts Association, 367 Artists Walk, PO Box 776, Park Forest, IL 60466 ATTN: JURYING
Jurying Deadline is Friday, May 7 2021. During the months that jurying is open, jurying will be scheduled as often as practicable so that successful applicants can add the Park Forest Art Fair and the annual Gallery Artists Exhibit to their calendars.